Thousands of Women and Children in India who are Survivors of Violence at their homes, office, streets are searching the internet to find help and support to deal with the shock and trauma. They are afraid to go to the police because of the associated social taboos and perceptions.
Hundreds of Caregivers – Credible Helplines, NGOs, Lawyers, Social Workers, Counsellors in India who are working towards ending violence against women and child sexual abuse do not have a common platform which can help them become more accessible to Victims in Need of their help, Volunteers, Donations & Support.
Thousands of Supporters looking for ways to support the fight to end violence against women and children in india in their own ways like Volunteering, Donations.
- No easy way for Survivors to find Information about Caregivers that are relevant, credible, close.
- No Platform for caregivers to become more accessible to survivors, share their work, recruit volunteers, raise donations.
- No easy way for Supporters to find caregivers that they can connect with and support by volunteering, donations.
A Web Platform which will connect Survivors directly to caregivers and also create a unique and committed ecosystem of Volunteers & Donors who will support the fight to end violence against women and children in India.
- Survivors can Effortlessly Find Information about caregivers that is accessible, verified, credible and relevant.
- Caregivers can easily create a profile on the platform and get themselves verified and become accessible to Survivors and Supporters.
- Supporters will be able to easily find caregivers and connect with them to volunteer and donate.
The Journey So Far…
- VAWHelp.org launched in March 2015. Please visit by clicking here
- Today the platform hosts information about 280 Verified Caregivers that have been crowdsourced by Volunteers.
- Everyday 900 Unique Visitors to the platform searching for help.
- We are India’s biggest online directory of caregivers who are working to end violence against women and children in India.
Improve our platform and make it more user friendly and accessible
Add 100 more caregivers by the end of 2016
Integrate Volunteering and Donate options for 50 caregivers.
How Can I Support?
You can help us by joining our mforchange Membership community and supporting us with a small recurring contribution. Join us today! (Note: You will be taken to mforchange.org to complete the subscription process)